Tuesday, August 12, 2014

here in the back corner alley of a nearly forgotten blog, I sound one more barbaric YAWP

Dead Poets Society changed my life - I always marched to the beat of my own drummer (a high school classmate called it a tuba, more than a drummer - LOL) - and when I saw the movie it inspired me to be true to my own self for as long and as practical as I could be.

Over the years, I've done better at times (the album) - and worse at times (the job and hermitsville) - but I think people know there's still something a little different about me, and even this blog, for the limited viewership it had, it got because of the purity of it - the honesty - some of that came from the Dead Poets Society


So I raided Bittorrent tonight and got a nice 2GB copy of the movie - and after Sara went to sleep, I started it up.

Tonight, when Sean Leonard's character took his own life, I teared up a bit, but not for what I saw on the screen.  And at the end when Robin Williams walked out of the room and everyone began standing up on their desk, the last one to stand up was me, standing up out of my chair, because I had to say goodbye, O' Captain my Captain

1 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, Blogger Tina Gonzalez said...

You blog is still awesome after all these years. Never stop putting your thoughts in it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home