Wednesday, January 02, 2008

a month without posting - may be my longest -

truth be told, I got so sick of bad beats and overcards never coming and the whole "poker is popular" thing - I am so sick of it - it's a fad now - I'd rather have the leathery grinder tight asses then the current breed of get-rich snot nose runt that proliferates most poker environments these days. When I read Johnny Hughes stories over on Iggy's site, THAT'S the poker I want and miss, not this internet player meets get rich quick scammer. I want the outlaw activities, the room with three tables stashed in a non-descript NYC office building and the 17 year old girl as hostess basically giving you the delivery menu of the food you want - LOL - maybe I'll write about that - I don't think I ever did really. Club's shut down now for sure.

truth is, I've spent the last 3 weeks rekindling an old flame with Chess - I feel the need to excel at something again that doesn't have such a large luck element. - I will still play a $5/10 tourney once in a while, but now it's more like once a week, not 3-4 times a day.

don't know when or if I'll ever come back to poker - perhaps the mental discipline I'm reusing here in Chess will be valuable to future poker games - there is a lot of crossover -

but for now, I have nothin' to say about America's favorite pasttime. I miss being an outlaw gambling degenerate trying to make 1.5bb/hr. Nowadays church girls play poker - phffffttt...

RB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home