Tuesday, January 02, 2007

well, where can I start - I'm upstairs in what will be an office, on a crappy card table on what will be a desk, near a futon frame which will be a couch, and I'm about to put a hole in the wall -

home ownership sucks - :) - sorta - REALLY not liking having to keep those sidewalks snow free - I'll have to raise holy hell with the Global warming stuff -

got Gillian Welch on - got $10 in Full Tilt tourney - I'm golden -

------------------

I had an ambitious plan to let poker pay for all my entertainment expenses, but for the time being I just wanna make some money again - except for a $400 hit in CA, my poker has been for shit as of late - nothing new here - but I should get back to the tourneys and the tourney books - just too much easy money there -- too many good players making too much - and I know I can be ONE of them - at least online ;)

been out playing live at Canterbury twice at 2-5 am - feels like it's half full of sharks looking for drunks to feed on - more women lately - including one at the 30/60 table I've never seen before - always a good sign - but as a whole the attitudes/vibe leaves me outta there unless I'm starved for human interaction.

listening to that Gillian Welch song again - some of those words come back to me 16 months after my last drink and still keep me from haunting the dial a shots that occasionally come my way, though had I caught Iggy I'd have called a friend and caught a toke at least for my bud - gotta follow up on these links here - really should redesign the whole blog, but at this point, let's go out in a blaze of Rust -

anyways, I miss sitting in a bar, sipping whiskey, being cute and flirty - of course, I lost cute 4 yrs ago and am now in the ragged man phase - but that's all right - just means I'm a survivor.

---------------------------------------------

Which lover are you, Jack of Diamonds?
Now you be Emmylou and I'll be Gram
I send a letter, don't know who I am
I dream a highway back to you.

I'm an indisguisable shade of twilight
Any second now I'm gonna turn myself on
In the blue display of the cool cathode ray
I dream a highway back to you.

I wish you knew me, Jack of Diamonds
Fire-riding, wheeling when I lead em up
Drank whiskey with my water, sugar in my tea
My sails in rags with the staggers and the jags
I dream a highway back to you.

damn, that woman can write for the broken-hearted, can't she....

I like that last verse - most of the poker blogosphere has missed my drunkest days - when I'd snag a shot and chase it down as quick as I could to keep it from coming back up - when I was trying to plug a hole in my soul with anything that would do the job -

I wish you knew me, Jack of Diamonds
Fire-riding, wheeling when I lead em up
drank whiskey with my water, sugar in my tea
my sails in rags with the staggers and the jags
I dream a highway back to you

-----------------------

10 yrs ago Townes Van Zandt passed away (on the 1st actually) - thanks for the songs, TVZ - hope heaven has a houseboat in it for ya.

rb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home