Sunday, May 07, 2006

ok, here's the skinny...at the risk of TOTALLY fucking up my day and jinxing myself, here's the situation. But I won't post it till we're past the mile marker.

played an 11 rebuy turbo satellite for the Pokerstars $215 ths morning. I got my AA and QQ cracked, so I rebought 5 times plus an addon for $70 - I missed my seat and bubbled but that paid $110 total.

so now I won $40 so I enter the $36 satellite - I win my seat in that. I've been up all night and may have to look at a loft at 3pm so I unregister with the intent of re-registering if I feel up for it.

I sleep 5 hrs, get up and BARELY, and I mean BARELY get re-registered for the tourney. my desktop locked up/seized during a restart so I had to reboot a 2nd time and literally - in a tourney of 5K people, got late registration.

I am now about 50 players from the money - that's 750 to be precise. I just made a couple questionable folds with coinflip hands (AK suited and 44) because I've never made the money and I'd be risking my tourney viability if I called or reraised - I'm currently in 88th place and it wasn't worth it - I'm playing my position and first action more then my cards these days.

btw - I'm a serious luckbox - should have been busted about 3 times - my 2 pair snapped off bottom trips one hand - that was the big one that nearly killed me - but somehow I stick around - thank goodness AQ and AQ limped with my A9 on an A9x flop - LOL.

and since I didn't wanna jinx myself - I waited to post this till I was offically in the money for the first time on my $215 - good practice for the WSOP ;) -

I'll update ya when it's done.

pax
RB

4 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, Blogger Felicia :) said...

Good luck!

Go, go, go!

I'd come sweat you, but every time I do that, you bust out, lol :)

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Otis said...

Shortly after posting this, Whiskey got some doof to call of his entire stack with AT vs. Whiskey's AK. Now, our man sits in the top 20 with 500 or so remaining. Good luck, sir. We're watching.

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Irritable Male Syndrome said...

Good luck, Man. You've got a decent stack now. =]

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger whiskeytown said...

as far as tourneys go, except for a couple luckbox hits, I was good to go most of the way -

I did flop top two pair and run down bottom set - LOL - what can ya do...

Thanks for all the blogger support
RB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home