Monday, March 13, 2006

all right, I'll post - - do you miss me? :)

I'll even talk about poker as I moan on obsessively and sad and smoke-filled -

My last 4 tourney finishes have all been final table finishes - 2 8th's, a 9th, and a 3rd - my ROI is way up considering my last 4 tourney finishes BEFORE these were all approx. 8% left of the field, with barely double my buyin back. - 600 average players - I'd die in 41'st - this is variance coming back for vengence - and her rewards are greater then her suckouts if I play right, so there.

After taking a respectable 9th from giving up 5/6th of my stack with KQ to AK, I have retreated to a 54 player tourney $30 buy in PL - I'll play these a lot cause it's so much easier for me to make the money in smaller field tourneys, and esp. final tables - people have a hard time playing post flop these days in poker, and PL is a way to get some of your postflop skills sharpened.

I'm getting to the point where I can sorta start crushing noobs on the battlefield - the pros, however, they're still handing my clock to me. that Stars 215 still eludes me - but their time will come - time was I didn't know what a profitable poker player feels like - feels pretty good -

but I don't play it much - usually only when I triple my BR - then I take out 2/3rds and start again - saving money, paying off bills - I'm out of debt again partially to poker - which is what I've wanted.

I just gotta be smart - don't burn out on it - but I got so many things on my plate now, very little chance of burnout - I assure you -

at least not at poker.

RB

3 Comments:

At 8:40 PM, Blogger DrChako said...

Nice to hear from someone who's actually winning.

Cashing out. What's that like?

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger whiskeytown said...

it's that sense of elated giddiness you feel right before the software decides it's time for a downswing -

$600/month ain't much - I'd be better off living in blueballs, WY in a $100/month trailer if I was gonna do it this way :)

RB

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger DrChako said...

I've been to Blueballs (they pronounce it Blubbels). I'd rather have a hot poker shoved in my eye then go back there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home