Friday, February 24, 2006

ya know - this gets old -

well known online pro gets caught cheating - he goes "Well, that wasn't what I originally intended, but easy money and all - hey haven't you broken the rules? - They'll take your money too!!!"- It's become the standard response - and several other big online pros have remained strangely silent on the topic - LOL.

I have a pretty strong moral compass - I consider it a basic extension of the Golden Rule - and I will admit I'm not as good a player as ZeeJustin, but I have honor and I can hold my head up high and say I've never cheated at poker -

and that's worth a lot more then the 200K they took from him and JJprodigy. It's worth over 200K to me anyways.

They just don't get it - but then if their honor and the integrity of the game is worth nothing to them, the money won't hurt too badly either, I suspect.

I've submitted the story to Slashdot.org -- there is a general undercurrent amongst the vast majority of poker writers with something to lose that writing bad stuff about poker is a fast way to unemployment - editors who won't write about colluding allegations cause it could "hurt" poker are worse then the guys actually cheating. Not rumormongering obviously, but the outcry from the Poker Community, esp. outside online, has been sadly silent for the most part - maybe after the WPT invitational or something.

But I would like to push the story into mainstream media - we gotta air our laundry and clean house folks - and this is the dirtiest shit I've seen since I started playing the game.

I actually remember a bible verse in times like this that may be the truest thing i've ever read regarding matters like this.

Luke 16:10 - The one who is faithful in a very little is also faithful in much, and the one who is dishonest in a very little is also dishonest in much.

amen

RB

4 Comments:

At 12:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor ZeeJustin.
If he would only say "I fucked up", instead of rationalizing his blatant fucking cheating.

I mean the guy admitted to playing several accounts DURING THE SAME TOURNAMENT.
How can he defend himself?!

His image will forever be tainted. Much like (poker pro?) Dutch Boyd.

 
At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forgetting the idiocy of ZeeJustin and JJProdigy, this has been a very bad month for the future of online poker. While you may believe that the airing of this in the mainstream may be good (and, in the very long run, it probably is), in the short term it will be horrible. I strongly believe that legislators will sieze upon these actions, and stories like the Indiana kid losing his college money in poker (see http://www.theindychannel.com/news/7411098/detail.html) to enact legislation banning online gambling.

And I'm certain this will hit the MSM. It's a question now of when, not if.

 
At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why would anyone feel sorry for someone who has made hundreds of thousands of dollars with the aid of multiple accounts? He’s completely milked the system for way too long! Something should have been done SOONER than later. I am glad to see some of the major sites taking action and banning this pathetic individual from ever playing online. However, to make a bigger impact, I truly believe the major sites need to crack down harder on these illicit cheaters. Post their names and make them a public ridicule!!!

I read 2+2 with disgust as several posters have already pretty much have shown how to cheat of various levels.

I never really like Zee Justin. He was yet another online internet player that was way too arrogant for my tastes.

I am glad to see his arrogance/greed did him in.

 
At 1:09 AM, Blogger Jarooty said...

I don't know zee at all and I won't try to defend his actions - but - I don't think what he did is as bad as people make it out to be. Yes cheating is cheating and he should have been banned, but I think confiscating all his $ was a bit harsh on Party's part (Kudo's to Stars for only taking $5000 - the amount he won while multi-acct'ing). Party should have done the same IMO. They are somewhat to blame here as well for even allowing multiple instances of their application to run from the same IP. Not that it excuses his actions, but they should at least "share" the blame. The drug dealer who supplies the crack is at least endorsing the habit. Obviously.. multi-acct'ing was zee's crack. :)

Again... NOT defending or endorsing his actions at all. I just think the penalty should have been less harsh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home