Sunday, November 13, 2005

I should mention something else - something I haven't thought about for years.

This isn't my first online blog - I used to have an online journal - and it was part of a webring back before webrings were cool.

and it was all inspired by this lady - found her a few yrs. ago in a book about 24 hrs on the internet - back when I started surfing -

She reposted her old journal last year - apparently lawsuits were part of the reason it went away - a chilling commentary on all of us who post out here although I don't live in Canada - I think she was a Toronto woman, and like all intelligent women, I crushed over her, but I'm past that now and doing fine, thank you.

Hope yer doing well, Carolyn. I blame you for all this online journal crap we now have to wade thru to find the good stuff. But it's a small judgement - $20 will get you out of it in small claims court - LOL

RB

2 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Blogger Ignatious said...

webrings!!

man, i'd like to bounce some of the more famous writers from back then and see who you recognize. i remember carolyn and many others. very inspirational to me even tho i don't have the balls to be open like the best ones are.

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger whiskeytown said...

Carolyn was the most famous one I know. I think she was part of the Open Pages webring, which I once tagged onto for 6 months with my first PC.

Ah man, you just reminded me of a story....this'll be awesome.

RB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home