Saturday, November 05, 2005

Found the stuff -

I have booked the $200 flight and emailed about reserving the Imperial Palace rate for the rooms Fri-Tues - the 9th-13th of Dec. I will be at the World Poker Blogger's Tour Winter Classic - better find my "Creed Sucks" T-shirt in the hamper...

This is in many ways, a capper - the last trip to Vegas of this year, and with the IP being sold, the chances of it staying the IP much longer are probably not so good - It may be my last Vegas trip for awhile - if all I want to do is get good at tourneys, then my worst hole was in Vegas - playing those $500 ones - but you know what, I'll probably keep playing NL as well - since it IS my one profitable game of the year - LOL.

The Imperial Palace was my first girlfriend - not as Glamorous as Bellagio or as Sensible as MGM - more like a high school drama crush that got frisky for a few weeks - we both moved on, but I popped my cherry with her - got my first tourney win and my first stay there - and I love it's position on the strip -

On the day it dies, I'm gonna cry - I'm almost certain of it - Felicia thought it was a piece of shit, I think, the first time she came to see me there - but I get one more tourney there.....and hopefully she'll be well enough to travel - she should be there - in many ways, she sorta started the whole Blogger Tourney principal, and got me to start this blog again after a hiatus so I could play in the crummy cliented Planet Poker tourneys she was holding for bloggers -

This all before I knew of Iggy - Wil Wheaton (well, I knew of him WAY before his PS endorsement and his blog - but I didn't realize he was also a poker player till a couple years ago - but I've always been a member of Wil's Posse - gotta buy his books and get them signed)

NO GETTING WT DRUNK!!! - You can get me stoned, but not drunk - LOL - that's my only request...

gonna be fun.

RB

and this time, you blogging cocksuckers, I won't be an hour late showing up - LOL I'm rolling in the night before - :)

RB

4 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Blogger Pauly said...

Awesome! See you there.

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'll be the tall, pale one in the Vikes jersey no matter what their record is in Decemeber :)

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger whiskeytown said...

are we doing the MN/Carolina smackdown again?

I think I'll do better if I'm actually there for the whole tournament this time instead of the first hr. off.

RB

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger whiskeytown said...

definately, Pauly - we never got a chance to hang out last time - and I didn't get to see Iggy much last time either - despite my newfound sobrity I hope to rectify that situation.

(well, sobrity from booze anyways, but the other stuff I ain't flying on a Plane to Nevada - LOL)

RB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home