Saturday, September 24, 2005

I just responded to a post on 2+2 and I want to post it here....
The question was "What was your most favorite moment in a film." - (and we have our own film category tag for our subjects now for us film junkies) - so a lot of big names/questions on here...

here's what I put...

=============================

there's that scene in "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" Where he's at the top of a tree bending down and Zhang Ziyi is on another tree bending up and they're getting ready to cross swords.

And then you her this sound and you see the faces eyes go past - and then clank on the other side....

THAT is my favorive ever movie moment. IN FACT...when I first got my DVD player for my computer, it was that look as she swept by that was my first screen capture - I just found it in my doc. folder.

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6343/zhang8xz.jpg

That was the film that inspired me to truly explore Asian Cinema and appreciate fine cinema, as opposed to the new Will Smith flick or whatever is bubblegum culture for movies. And that was my favorite moment from it....the whole bamboo forest, but esp. that one moment when they cross... RB

============================
The beauty of that film, I just can't describe it - it blows me away every time I watch it.

RB

1 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Blogger CJ said...

One of the (if not THE) most beautiful movie I've ever seen. Truly amazing in almost every sense of the world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home