Sunday, August 14, 2005

I never mentioned one of my little known hobbies -

I have been known to turn on an AM radio at 4am and scan the dial - used to do it with shortwave, but AM is cooler to me....it's in the country...and for some reason, I like doing that best in the truck...

radio waves bounce further at night (it has something to do with the way radio bounces off a cooler atmosphere) - most sites shut down or go to low power - but some go directional, and some just go away. the signals conflict/override each other and so the FCC makes them realign their signals....

some of the old time stations (WCCO in Minneapolis) get to go at full power - and it's then you can scan thru the dial and find radio from everywhere, including AM 650 WSM - Nashville -

the idea that I'm sitting in my car listening to someone broadcast a signal thru the air from Nashville (playing old time 70 and 80's country) - is just the coolest thing in the world to me...

Sun. night - I expect I'll be doing the $20 PL and NL again tonight on Pokerstars - but lots of TV between now and then...

RB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home