Sunday, February 13, 2005

I haven't been on here much this week - between getting ready and working (and it's been busy nights this week) there wasn't much to say...

had some small reversals in 1/2 poker - i'll just have to live with it and move on - reading SSHE again before I land in Vegas, so I'm hoping for some extra mojo to come back. guess a coworker located in CA is flying out the same morning, so I may go bug her while waiting for my plain which takes off at 245pm...

sounds like it could be one hell of a party at the Excal. tomorrow night - should be fun - I'm almost more excited to ride the light rail and get to vegas - really don't care about the plane ride, though I love heights, and I love awesome views...

I have an mp3 Cd walkman, giving me 700 mb of mp3s on a cd player - so I'm taking it and one Cd - here's what I got in subgrouped folders.

1. - Drive By Truckers - highlights of their last two albums - 19 songs
2. - Flaming Lips - highlights of their last 2 albums - 12 songs
3. - Irish grabbag - mostly one off's of tunes downloaded or the best of an album - 39 songs
4. - Kate Rusby - everything I love off her 5 albums - 19 songs of the best (there are more, but these are the ones that knock me out - I didn't wanna skip over any in this mix)
5. - Matthew Ryan's "Concussion" - a great 4am rain song or happy hr. dive bar album. - most of the folks on that album could be found in Vegas - 10 songs
6. - Patty Griffin/Rosie Thomas grabbag - 9 songs
7. - Susan Mcknown - Sweet Liberty (butchered the name and album - Irish singer)
8. - The Gaels - Wack fo la di da - (another local group...nice trad. music)
9. - Townes Van Zandt - Rear View Mirror - his best live -
10. - Wilco - grabbag of the best from their albums and the Mermaid Ave. collabrations, as well as some Uncle Tupelo thrown in for good measure -

Probably won't update much while there - just no point in spending an hr. typing about the experience when I could be living it - suffice it to say, I'll be busy when I get back...I bought a tiny notepad for keeping notes and we'll go from there.

ok, kids....see ya in 5 days...

pax
RB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home