Thursday, February 24, 2005

I got yer friendly fire right here, sissy boy. (I'm waiting for my copy of Bill Mallonee's new CD to come in...still waiting so far....ach) -

I could probably write for hrs. tonight if I wanted to. I'm tired - dopey, and on a conference call which kills my access to doing other work related things right now - can't call anything out or listen to too much.

Daniel Neg. and his fiance have called it quits. As a hopeless romantic, I am always saddened when good relationships go bad - apparently he's quite at peace with it though. Of course, having millions of dollars may just attract the kind of women you need to get over a broken heart. I hope so...otherwise, what's the point in being rich....LOL

reminds me of a song my friend David Hanners wrote called Average Midwestern Wedding - he's got a chorus that speaks a lot -

Everybody knows what they wanted
Everybody knows why they came
They're here for the minor miracle
And they hope to leave with part of the same

so the contrast is that when we see it fail, we see part of what we're hoping for fail as well - or maybe I just get depressed too fucking easy....LOL

I did see one couple who got married in Vegas and one who was back for the 1 yr. anniversary....no masses of Valentine's Day setups though....oh yah, a guy getting married that afternoon when I played him that morning.

how about a few quickies? A man can always take a quickie.

-------------------------------
Watched the Battle for Algiers this week....rereleased with a new print on CD - a classic that every asshole who's pimping for war in Iraq right now should watch.
-------------------------------
One of my fellow coworkers who competed with me for my job got hired on this week. He had been a contractor and let go and now is an employee, so that's cool. I emailed him about the position when it opened, so I am glad he's back in the working world...it's still tough out there.
-------------------------------
Here's some Kate Rusby lyrics to balance out the negative -

Cruel (trad, I think - but her music is killer)

Cruel were my parents, to tear my love from me,
Cruel was the pressgang that took him to the sea,
Cruel was the little boat that rowed him off the strand,
and cruel was the big ship, that took him from the land,
Haul away, boys, haul away,
haul away, boys, haul away.

Cruel was the water, that ship it sailed upon,
cruel was the fair wind, for now my loves he's gone,
had you blown a roaring gale they'd have left him on dry land,
where he would walk besides me and I would hold his hand,
Haul away boys, haul away,
haul away boys, haul away.

The ring beneath my pillow, is the ring he gave to me,
I'll wear it on my finger, for all the world to see,
But cruel was the captain, the bo'sun, and the men,
for they didn't give a farthing if I saw my love again,
Haul away, boys, haul away,
haul away boys, haul away.

Cruel were my parents, to tear my love from me,
Cruel was the pressgang that took him to the sea,
Cruel was the little boat that rowed him off the strand,
and cruel was the big ship, that took him from the land,
Haul away, boys, haul away,
haul away, boys, haul away.
--------------------------------

I suppose at this point, it is time to send a word out to Hunter S. Thompson.

Didn't read his shit at all, though Johnny Depp's acting should have endeared me to him instantly - odd - now I'll hop on the bandwagon and read his books. I'm weird though, it really take a book to fight my Short Attention Span leanings - though I am finding a severly kindred spirit....terrifying, to say the least.

Ah well, what can ya do...I don't feel like ending up an invalid in my hospital bed either. better to die then not be able to live - hope the devil spits him outta there and sends him to heaven to torment God for awhile.

haul away boys,
RB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home