Wednesday, January 12, 2005

so I just finished playing the best tournament I've ever played -

70 players - 8 pays, I finished 2nd.

Yer thinking...what? - that's your BEST? - even better then taking 2nd in the 1200 tourney in Aug?

we're down to 15 players, and I'm 11th...4000 in chips - blinds 150/300 - I make a raise with AK and get repopped by a player who is just a bit more shortstacked then me - I want a double up to get into the money, and put him on a weaker A, so I call figuring to be at least 50/50.

He has QQ, but I don't improve - down to 600 - my BB I get to check to river for free (I'd have mucked anyways...missed everything) - and 150 of my last 300 chips go into the SB

it's 92 suited - I complete and triple up to 1000 when a 3rd club comes -

the next 90 minutes are a flurry of bluffs and all-in's almost NEVER getting called - getting the bites back - finally I get QQ vs AJ and get a good double to 9000

down to 10 and I'm 9th - then 8 and I'm 6th - then 4 players and I'm 4th with stacks of about 25000 for those 3 and 10000 for me.

made it all the way to 2nd and would have won had 1st player's middle pair not tripped up on the turn....but to come from literally half a blind to 2nd in 90 minutes has GOT to be the best poker I've ever played

only problem is....no hand histories on Full Tilt...LOL - ah well -

RB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home