Monday, January 03, 2005

I'm beginning to like smaller tourneys - sort of in the 80-100 range with a final table payout.

here's the thing - let's say I can get in the top 10 percent oh, 25% of the time. In a 900 player tourney, with a flattened payout, that's STILL dishwater money till the top 4-5%, and really, all the money is at the final table.

No matter the size of the tourney, or payout, (Pokerstars WPT tourney not withstanding - paying a 25 percent structure....jesus) - it's the final table where you feel like you've made the money....

so the fewer people between me and that, the better I feel. So I've been playing tourneys that probably pay less for the top 3 then a 900 player tourney, (and even then, just barely, cause they usually shave 10 percent off the top 3 for those larger fields anyways) - but I can get there quicker and easier with fewer idiots or guys who acquired monster stacks thru blind luck.

RB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home