Sunday, January 02, 2005

bustouts are not good for the self esteem...here's the situation

we were down to 23 in a MTT tourney - it paid 36, so we're in da money - next step up is 18 - I'm in 16th place or something - got about 22K with blinds 800/1600

I get QQ on the button - everyone mucks to the guy in the cutoff and
he makes it 5K - I have 22K - I have him covered by 1K - I have no read on his style of play.

and if it's a difference between 40 more bucks for 18th or a shot at
the final table, I'm thinking final table every time....

but it took 7 posters on 2+2 and the affirmation of a tourney pro I respect to ensure this was the correct decision going all in - and the guy had KK, so end of story.

but something like that really makes you second guess yourself - esp. when it's not a lucky draw or suckout but total domination.

for all my successes in tourneys this yr, I only ended up $800 - I started playing higher limit tourneys, I think in an attempt to wipe out my losses for the yr in limit games, and haven't made a final table since Aug., I don't think....ay carumba. If Teecoy and Daniel N. can do it, so can I.

RB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home