Friday, November 26, 2004

Ah....Friday Night Work Rant....where would we be without you.

Well - I got the haircut - and I get to have the coloring issues again - to color or not to color - you see, at 32, I have almost 60 percent grey hair, and when I look in the mirror, I look so goddamn old I can't stand it -

I don't think I'll meet a nice girl in her 20's who will talk to me with grey hair (though I haven't been meeting those lately since the band stopped gigging and since I stopped drinking EVERY time I was in public) - so I usually go do the Just for Men thing somewhere down the line - try to cover it up a bit - but it's so short it grows quickly out - I'll have to take a poll on 2+2 in the other topics forum...LOL - women are of varied opinions on the subject - but until I get back to a fighting weight of 200 pounds, it's probably irrelevant.

It's sorta vanity, but after 32 yrs, I've earned the right to be a bit vain - I was super for 25 and then grunge for 5, so damnit, I've saved up vanity for a hell of a long time -

Obscenely quiet night at work - only phonecalls are from late coworkers....what, you woke me up for THAT??? - my sleep schedule is all whacko due to the Doyle Poker Tour of this early week - so I don't want busy fires tonight. I'm still brainfried - I did play some limit 3/6 this afternoon at Doylesroom and found it VERY easy to amass the VP's quicker then I did, but my risk was higher too - I was down $150 before hitting a lucky river once and flopping the nut flush the 2nd time and getting raised/reraised twice on the turn...:D - when I only wanted to invest $200 to start with, my decision to keep my limits small are good.

After 4-5 yrs...I should be better at poker then I am I shouldn't be down $2000 in limit raked/tourney games this year - NL is one thing, but I've played Limit longer and I should be better at it - at least as good as I am in NL - I can point to a number of factors that have hurt my play in recent yrs.

1. - A strong tendancy to play over my bankroll - half my poker losses this yr. were in games I didn't have the BR for, frankly.

2. - I am a rock - Tight-Passive - (even rated as such in pokertracker) - I need to raise and bet more and call less - my preflop selection is excellent, but postflop, I'm just gliding to the river when I should be sprinting and raising. I hope SSHE corrects this a bit, and I've found since getting the job that pays well, that I don't mind losing $100-200 a night at Canterbury if I KNOW I'm playing right - whereas before I was a bit more scared money.

3. spent the first 6 months playing drunk a lot - that's not cool.

4. It wasn't a priority - to me, NL and Tourneys were a priority - I'm up in those for the yr....(of course, half of my NL ring game stuff this yr. was Doyle's challenge...LOL) - but at the cost of limit games.

5. An inability to focus well on shit I'm reading - esp. Poker books - I tend to skim, pass over stuff, not be able to focus - I have NEVER read a complete chapter in Supersystem, probably not in HEFAP, and in half my books - so what can ya do - I have a short attention span....obscenely short - or else it's the opposite and I lock in like a lovesick stalker as I did this week with the 10000 Action Points on Tuesday, where I just kept saying "One More Hour"

so I'll end the spreadsheet this yr. no matter what the result is, and start a new one for next yr. and start at 0 bucks....fresh start for 2005 -

Rant off

RB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home