Friday, October 01, 2004

working the overnights, you get a lot more quiet time....a lot more reflection...

a lot of alone time to dwell on the past, present, and future and think about what your decisions were, what you want to do, and what you would have done differently...all thru the haze of a daysleeper waiting for the sun to rise and praying it's a cool day so the apt. doesn't cook you at 11am.

in short....a whole lotta shit I don't need that I do too much of already :) -

Felicia Lee is covering the WPPA events - short on juice, long on action - I feel stupid even putting a link to her blog since she was the first blog to link to mine but go here - www.felicialee.net - she's been having a good run at Stud lately - seems to be her most dangerous game.

I'm sorta resigned to ending this year at a loss...I've not been able to shift from -500 to -1200 dollars down for the yr. - I've been in a consistant 3-4 figure loss rate for the yr...mostly from ring games, but also from SNG's, and weaker play in my PL/L tourneys. - Maybe next year will be better - I know what the holes are...now I need to clog them. - saw an analysis recently that showed that perfect preflop play without strong aggression post flop wasn't enough to be a +EV player on loose sites like pokerstars....will have to look into that a bit more.

work is light but stressful (being the new level 2/3 engineer) - I've been getting a lot of minor chest pain at work lately too (at age 32) - what that means is that basically, I'm under too much stress, and in some folks (including me) it becomes a tension headache, but it can also cause minor stress pain - not heart attack crushing crap, but enough to scare the hypochrondiac - nothing dangerous, really, though.

I should be more concerned....I just can't make myself right now....maybe after health benefits and the nice house and trophy wives and millions in poker winnings -

I should be concerned about a lot of stuff right now....but I may be becoming desensitized - if they elect GWB for a 2nd term, I'm likely to just say fuck it and lube up for the republican ass grinding I will be receiving instead of cleaning my gun and locking my chasity belt. -

but maybe not...kerry did ok tonight, I heard.

RB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home