Friday, October 22, 2004

I'm trying a little something different as I attempt to wipe out the last $1100 in red ink I've accrued this yr. playing poker.

In the past, I've taken my wins home in chips - and kept my head going "you need to build a bankroll so you can move up" - not anymore.

Now I cash out and I say to myself "This cash is YOURS" - I can blow it on DVD's, candles, brakes, whores and blow..whatever :D....but it isn't the bankroll's anymore.

Now I don't find myself HAVING to play till my 100 is all gone or till I'm up to 300 - an hr. of dead cards and it's easier for me to still walk away with 80 - cause it's mine.

My only exception is I'll sometimes take home $200 in Canterbury 10 buck chips. They're chipco chips and I love em to play with when playing a tourney online ;) - may even buy into the suited collection quickly b4 Mon on 2+2 - not sure - BUT I think this little mental shift will give me that edge I need - I've been playing a lot better since I haven't needed the money....so some of my play issues are psychological - now I need to erase a few more of them...

RB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home